The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu will be closed the month of February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture,
because maintenance, upkeep and cleaning will be performed. The entrance to the Inca Trail will be re-enabled
from March 1.
In this section you can check the availability of the trail provided by the Ministry of Culture . Here is some information to keep in mind:
- The month of February is rainy season so the Ministry closes the Inca Trail.
- The availability we use is the same to any other agency, because this information is directly provided by the Ministry of Culture.
- The number of spaces is very variable. Agencies usually book up to 30 spaces, do not be surprised if in a moment the available spaces are sold out.
- The spaces shown are for either route be it Inca Trail in 2 days or Inca Trail in 4 days.
- Availability is exclusively administered by the Ministry of Culture. Only they can manage and authorize the access to the Inca Trail.
- The Inca Trail is enabled only for 500 spaces per day, within which includes staff spaces.
Today: Sun - Aug - 2019
Click here to see the oficial file of Ministry of Culture
Information by Months updated!
You can also visit the website of the Ministry of Culture
Note: Availability is displayed in real time. First you must choose date of your visit. The number shown per day is the number of places available to the selected date. "0" means that there is no longer any space available.
This information is provided courtesy of the Regional Directorate of Culture of Cusco.